2013 Tour de Marin
Sunday, May 26th
San Rafael Whole Foods Market, $50
The Third Annual Tour de Marin returns
When: Sunday, May 26
Where: San Rafael Whole Foods Market
Time: 8:30-3:00 pm
Cost of ride: $50
· Join all classes of cyclists on a 40-mile ride through scenic Marin! There will be great food all along the ride, including fine gourmet cuisine from Marin artisan cheese makers and other local producers.
· You'll roll past Big Rock, see redwood groves and horse stables, and take in a feast at the Nicasio energizer station. This year's route will include a trip around the Frank Lloyd Wright Marin Civic Center building and through China Camp State Park, passing oak covered hills, green meadows, a lovely salt marsh and beautiful views of San Pablo Bay.
· The benefit ride will start and end at Whole Foods Market’s San Rafael store. The ride will head north along the new Lincoln Avenue Pathway and veer west at Lucas Valley towards Nicasio, where an energizer station will be waiting at the Nicasio Valley Cheese Company. The ride returns to San Rafael with a detour around China Camp State Park along San Pedro Road.
· All ride levels welcome, no one is left behind. The ride will be supported with ride leaders, sweepers and course marshals, and a SAG (support and gear) wagon courtesy of Mike's Bikes.
· Tour de Marin registration is $50 with all proceeds supporting MCBC's efforts to expand Marin’s network of safe bike lanes, pathways, bridges, tunnels and trails.
· The $50 fee includes a Tour de Marin t-shirt, pre-ride breakfast treats at Whole Foods Market, a well-stocked energizer station at Nicasio Valley Cheese Company, a swag bag featuring Whole Foods Market vendors and a well-marked route with ride support, including SAG vehicles. And you’ll see the results of MCBC’s 15 years of work along the way!