Dr. Gaetano Morello is the author of Whole Body Cleansing and a member of the Schwabe North America Scientific Advisory Board.
Check out what Dr. Morello has to say and you'll see why cleansing is a winning strategy for your health. That's the important thing…but winning a $25 gift card from Whole Foods Market could be helpful encouragement too! Enter a comment below by January 31st and let us know how cleansing makes you feel. Winning comment will be selected randomly.Many people want to start off each year with dietary changes as part of a weight loss program. It's a good chance for a fresh start, so I like to help them make the right food choices and ensure that exercise is part of the overall regime. Something else that I've been recommended for the past five years, which has become the most important part of this program, is cleansing. It's one of the major - and often missing - components of a successful weight loss plan. I consider it one of the three keys to kick-starting a diet.
- Optimizing digestion: get a good cleanse supplement to help you get things "moving."
- Managing your food intake: don't just eat fewer calories, eat better calories - more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats (try to eat organic foods when possible.)
- Becoming more active: Get out there and start moving. Make your exercise something you enjoy, and it'll become part of your routine.
- Fiber to help pull out the bad and get things moving.You want to go with a fiber supplement that expands - but does so gently - in your intestines to scrub toxins and excess waste away from intestinal walls and helps prime your body for fitness. It doesn't give the bad stuff any place to hide or a chance to "double back" and be re-absorbed. Oddly, many cleanse supplements don't include fiber, so choose carefully.
- A natural, gentle laxative formula.Look for a laxative formula that listens to the needs of your body. Make sure it's a gentle, predictable laxative with no harsh stimulant ingredients to make you feel off balance - just botanicals that help get things "moving."
- Support for your liver, too.The liver is always busy. It helps the body keep the good and get rid of the bad. Using an herbal supplement that includes milk thistle can do an amazing job of supporting the liver's ability to detoxify the body. One thing to look for when choosing a milk thistle product is that it is absorbable (look for products bound to phosphotidylcholine).
Don't forget to enter a comment below by January 31st and let us know how cleansing makes you feel. A winning comment will be selected randomly to receive a $25 gift card to Whole Foods Market.The information in this blog post is provided to you for educational purposes by Whole Foods Market® under Section 5 of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 and is not intended as medical advice. To obtain more in-depth information contact your healthcare professional or other reliable resources. 02/10 - Congrats to the randomly selected winner of a $25 gift card!
Sophia Egler Cleansing makes me excited to start fresh and new. The clarity helps make me feel like anything is possible, and it’s true; anything is possible :)