I’ve always known that I work with some of the nicest, most giving, mission driven people I have ever met. And now I have concrete proof! As of June 25th, over 15,000 Whole Foods Market team members have donated over $1.5 million directly from their paychecks to Whole Planet Foundation to alleviate poverty through microcredit around the globe! Check out this video of team members talking about why they contribute.How’s that for inspiring? And now for some numbers:
- 15,553 Team Members currently contribute.
- $1,512,512 has been donated thus far.
- 8642 small loans funded (average of $175 each).
- 1 microcredit loan recipient affects the welfare of about 4 other people.
- 43,200 individuals empowered through these loans to lift themselves out of poverty.
- 97% of the loans are repaid — so the money circulates to new recipients.