Thirty years ago Whole Foods Market opened to make people happy. True! Our founders wanted better, healthier food for themselves and their friends. Just take a look at our 30th birthday page for a fun facts and company milestones to see how much we've grown. And, after thirty years, we're still listening to our customers' needs and desires. The Whole Deal - with coupons and recipes online and in print - is a case in point. We think a birthday definitely deserves a party! And we're also of the belief that expense shouldn't dampen your celebration. Here are some of our favorite tips for a birthday party that will keep you smiling without breaking the bank.
- Make cupcakes instead of cake to avoid the cost and trouble of plates and forks. Our Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cupcakes with Orange-Cream Frosting are so moist and tasty, you'll hardly notice the healthy touch of zucchini and Neufchâtel.
- Go simple with real foods that are naturally colorful and flavorful: fresh fruit and veggie sticks with dip instead of foods loaded with artificial ingredients.
- Make your own punch, lemonade or coolers. Concoct something a little out of the ordinary like Cherry-Cucumber Coolers or any of these other refreshing recipes.
- Do something such as games and crafts and scavenger hunts, etc. vs. buying toys or gifts for every attendee. Isn't FUN the point?
- Join OUR Birthday Party; stores are celebrating the weekend of the 17th. Find what's happening at your local store.