5% Community Giving Days
At Whole Foods Market, we are active participants in our community. We are extremely proud of our community involvement and the relationships we continue to make each quarter. We strive to make a difference.
Our Community 5% Days are one meaningful way we give back to our community. On designated days throughout the year, a total of 5% of the day’s net sales are donated to local non-profit organizations. Guests help support selected organizations just by shopping on these 5% Days.
2011-2012 5% Day Recipients:
- Humane Society of North Texas: $3,382.35
- Arthritis Foundation: $3,817.75
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Greater Fort Worth: $3,352.05
2010 – 2011 5% Day Recipients:
- Down Syndrome Partnership of Tarrant County: $3,362.00
- Meal on Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County: $3,136.95
- a Wish with Wings: $3,158.40
- REAL School Gardens, benefitting Foster Elementary: $2,884.30
Annual Giving Tree:
We are proud to announce that our 2011 Giving Tree raised $8,182 for the Tarrant Area Food Bank. With your help we helped raise fund to provide enough food for approximately 24,546 meals. For more information on this organization, please visit: www.tafb.org .
Past 5% Day Recipients Include:
2009 – 2010
- The Arlington ISD Education Foundation: $3,025.20
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: $3,037.49
- Tandy Hills Natural Area: $2,915.44
- AIDS Resource Center: $2,558.97
- Arlington Life Shelter: $2,788.25
- Cenikor Foundation: $2,395.84
- Arlington Arts League: $2,630.43
- Happy Hill Farm Academy, Dallas Cowboys Courage House: $2606.69