Dear Donation Seekers,
We ask that you look over the following guidelines before submitting your request.
1. Your organization or event must be located in Campbell or San Jose.
2. The recipient must be a 501-C (3) nonprofit organization. A copy of the 501-C (3) letter from the IRS
must accompany the application. This letter comes from the Treasury Department and is different from
the state tax-exempt form.
3. Whole Foods Market has specific guidelines for the organizations we are able to support with
donations. In addition to being a non-profit, you must fall into one of these categories:
· Environmental Preservation
· Preventative Health Care
· Hunger Relief
· Organic Farming / Sustainable Food Resources
· Children or the very local community
· Education on any of the above
Whole Foods Market believes in being an active community member, requests from other civic and charitable groups will be considered if the organization is in the immediate vicinity of a store location, meets our core values, and funding is available.
4. We do not donate to individuals, individuals seeking pledges, or multiple requests from the same organization or organizations and/or causes. Each approved organization is restricted to one donation per year from any and all Whole Foods Market stores.
5. Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support. Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications, it is not possible for Whole Foods Market to fulfill every request.
6. Due to the volume of requests that we receive, we are unable to meet with every organization that drops by with a donation request. All donation requests and information about donations need to be via email. We will not be able accomodate last minute requests, phone requests, or dropping by customer service for donations.
If your organization falls under one of the above listed categories, you may choose to apply for one of the following programs at our store. Please download the appropriate application, fill it and email it to Jill.Miller@wholefoods.com.
5% Community Support Day
Our Community 5% Days are one meaningful way we give back to our community. Twice a year, a total of 5% of the day’s net sales are donated to a local non-profit organization. Non-profits that fall under any of the categories listed above can apply to participate in this program. The organization that is selected as our recipient, and Whole Foods Roseville will publicize the chosen date well ahead of time. Customers support the selected organization by shopping on these 5% Days. Since we offer this program only twice a year, we require the applications to be turned in as early as possible.
Download application(PDF Format): Community Support Day Application
Nickels for Nonprofits
Did you know that Whole Foods Market gives customers a 5-cent credit for bringing your own shopping bags? Did you know that we also have a program where customers can donate that credit to local nonprofit organizations? If you are a customer who reuses bags to save paper, consider donating your credit to our designated non-profit. If you are with a local charity, apply to be considered for the program. Please be sure to include your non-profit tax-ID# and your W9 to help us process your application.
Download application(PDF Format): Nickels-for-Non-Profits application
Each month, Whole Foods Market, Roseville sponsors several charities. We donate gift cards, products, gift bags for silent auctions, fruits, water and more. If you belong to a non-profit group that fits with Whole Food Market mission and have a specific event or program that needs sponsorship, please apply to be considered. Organizations mail applications almost two to three months in advance, so plan on getting your applications to us as early as you can. Due to the volume of requests we get, we may not be able to fulfill every donation request and respond to every application. Please note that every application must be accompanied by a copy of your 501(c)3 letter from the IRS in order to be processed.
Download application (PDF format): Donation Application
Apply online: Donation Application <http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/donate>