Dear Donation Seekers:
Thank you for thinking of Whole Foods Market for your organization’s upcoming event. It is one of Whole Foods Market’s core values to support our local communities and the environment. We ask that you look over the following criteria before submitting your request.
- Requests by phone are not accepted.
- Your organization or event must be located in close proximity to San Mateo. Because we believe in supporting our local community and our stores are closely connected to their immediate geographic area, we invite you to contact any of our other stores that might be in closer proximity to your event/organization’s location. For a list of Northern California stores, please the following link: http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list
- The recipient must be a 501-C (3) nonprofit organization. A copy of the 501-C (3) letter from the IRS must accompany the application in order to be considered. Your request will not be considered without this document. This letter comes from the Treasury Department and is different from the state tax-exempt from.
- Requests must be received in writing at least 6-8 weeks before the event date and of the “pick up” date in order to be considered, as we review requests once a month around the first of each month. All applications are reviewed on a first-come-first serve basis. Because the donations budget is limited, early submission of your application is recommended. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we are not able to respond to all requests.
- Whole Foods Market has specific guidelines for the organizations we are able to support with donations. In addition to being a non-profit, you must fall into one of these categories:
Preventative Health Care
Organic Farming / Sustainable Food Resources
Children or the very local community
Education on any of the above
Because Whole Foods Market believes in being an active community member, requests from other civic and charitable groups will be considered if the organization is in the immediate vicinity of a store location, meets our core values, and funding is available.
- We do not donate to individuals, individuals seeking pledges, or multiple requests from the same organization or organizations and / or causes.
- Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support.
Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications, it is not possible for Whole Foods Market to fulfill every request.
Thank you for your interest. You may deliver, mail, fax or email donation requests to:
hsu-lien k. rivera
marketing & community relations team leader
whole foods market san mateo
1010 Park Place, San Mateo, CA 94403 . 650.358.6900 ext 260 / fax 650.358.6901 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Download General Donation Application